Carrickfergus, N Ireland
This was completed in 1962 and replaces the old Tower, which was in a dangerous condition. It is a very handsome structure, which gives a fine entrance to the Churchyard at the top of Market Place. The original archway, built here in 1831, has been retained and incorporated into the new Tower. The Gates depict the three crosses of Calvary and between them the spears of the Roman Legionaries who crucified our Lord.